Student Engagement Surveys
In order to engage individual colleges and university departments in meaningful conversations about student academic engagement, University Assessment Services administers three engagement surveys. More information about the engagement surveys can be found by clicking on the survey links. The surveys are the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), the Faculty Survey of Student Engagement (FSSE), and the Beginning College Survey of Student Engagement (BCSSE).
Institutional Survey Framework
Engagement Survey Results
BCSSE Data Reports:
NSSE Data Reports:
- 2020 Seniors: Discplinary Area / College Reports with institutional comparisons: CAS-Humanities / CAS-Social Sciences / CAS-Math & Nat. Sciences / CAST / COB / COE / MCN / WKCFA / Provost Programs
- 2020 First-year: Discplinary Area / College Reports with institutional comparisons:CAS-Humanities / CAS-Social Sciences / CAS-Math & Nat. Sciences / CAST / COB / COE / MCN / WKCFA
- 2020 Snapshot
- 2020 Engagement Indicators
- 2020 High Impact Practices
- 2020 Frequencies (First-year and senior)
- 2020 Student Comments - What one change would most improve the educational experience at this institution, and what one thing should not be changed?
- 2020 Inclusiveness and Cultural Diversity Module
- 2019 Snapshot
- 2019 Engagement Indicators
- 2019 High Impact Practices
- 2019 Frequencies (First-year and senior)
2019 Student Comments-Please describe the most significant learning experience you have had so far at this institution.
- 2019 Civic Engagement Module
- 2018 BCSSE - 2019 NSSE Combined Report
- 2016 (Senior)
- 2016 (First-year)
- 2013 (Senior)
- 2013 (First-year)
More detailed reports and data are available by contacting University Assessment Services.
How the Results Have Been Used
UAS has made use of NSSE data to support a variety of educational and instructional activities on campus. Initiatives which are supported through the surveys include the General Education Program and through various programs in the Center for Teaching, Learning, & Technology.
UAS has also incorporated NSSE results into the Power BI application. A screenshot is below. Contact University Assessment Services for access to the application.