Assessment Related Links
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA)
- Assocation for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education (AAHLE)
- Association for Institutional Research (AIR)
- IUPUI Assessment Institute
- Student Affairs Assessment Leaders (SAAL)
- Society for College and University Planning (SCUP)
- Assessment Commons
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AACU)
- ERIC's Clearinghouse on Assessment and Evaluation
- FairTest (National Center for Fair and Open Testing)
- Advancing Assessment for Student Success, A. Driscoll, et al., Stylus Publishing.
- Assessing Academic Programs in Higher Education, M. Allen, Wiley Publishing.
- Assessing Service-Learning and Civic Engagement, S. Galmon, et al., Stylus Publishing.
- Assessment Essentials: Planning, Implementing, and Improving Assessment in Higher Education, 2nd Edition, T. Banta & C. Palomba, Wiley Publishing.
- Assessment for Excellence: The Philosophy and Practice of Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, A. Astin, Rowman & Littlefield Publishing.
- Assessing Student Learning: A Common Sense Guide, L. Suskie, Wiley Publishing.
- Beyond the Big Test: Noncognitive Assessment in Higher Education, W. Sedlacek, Wiley Publishing.
- Coming to Terms with Student Outcomes Assessment: Faculty and Administrators’ Journeys to Integrating Assessment in Their Work and Institutional Culture, P. Maki, Stylus Publishing.
- Designing Effective Assessment: Principles and Profiles of Good Practice, T. Banta, E. Jones, & K. Black, Wiley Publishing.
- Demystifying Outcomes Assessment for International Educators, D. Deardorf, Stylus Publishing.
- Developing Outcomes-Based Assessment for Learner-Centered Education: A Faculty Introduction, A. Driscoll & S. Wood, Stylus Publishing.
- Enhancing Assessment in Higher Education: Putting Psychometrics to Work, T. Cumming & M. Miller, Stylus Publishing.
- Exemplars of Assessment in Higher Education: Diverse Approaches to Addressing Accreditation Standards, J. Souza & T. Rose, Stylus Publishing.
- Five Dimensions of Quality: A Common Sense Guide to Accreditation and Accountability, S. Ikenberry & L. Suskie, Wiley Publishing.
- Higher Education Accreditation: How It's Changing, Why It Must, P. Gaston, Stylus Publishing.
- Higher Education Assessments: Leadership Matters, G. Kramer & R. Swing, Rowman & Littlefield Publishing.
- Innovative Assessment in Higher Education: A Handbook for Academic Practitioners, C. Bryan & K. Clegg, Routledge Publishing.
- Leading Assessment for Student Success: Ten Tenets That Change Culture and Practice in Student Affairs, R. Bingham, et al., Stylus Publishing.
- Meaningful and Manageable Program Assessment: A How-to Guide for Higher Education Faculty, L. Massa & L. Kasimatis, Stylus Publishing.
- Measuring Non Cognitive Variables: Improving Admissions, Success and Retention for Underrepresented Students, W. Sedlacek, Stylus Publishing.
- Handbook on Measurement, Assessment, and Evaluation in Higher Education, C. Seclosky & B. Denison, Routledge Publishing.
- Outcomes Based Program Review: Closing Achievement Gaps In- and Outside the Classroom With Alignment to Predictive Analytics and Performance Metrics, M. Bresciani, Stylus Publishing.
- Student-Focused Learning and Assessment: Involving Students in the Learning Process in Higher Education, N. Janikowski, et al., Peter Lang Publishing.
- Trends in Assessment: Ideas, Opportunities, and Issues for Higher Education, S. Hundley & S. Kahn
- Using Evidence of Student Learning to Improve Higher Education, G. Kuh, et al., Wiley Publishing.
- The ABCs of Evaluation: Timeless Techniques for Program and Project Managers, 3rd Edition, J. Boultemis & P. Dutwin, Wiley Publishing.
- Conducting an Institutional Diversity Audit in Higher Education: A Practitioner's Guide to Systematic Diversity Transformation, E. Chun & D. Evans, Stylus Publishing.
- Evaluation Essentials: Methods For Conducting Sound Research, B. Daponte, Wiley Publishing.
- Practical Program Evaluation: Theory-Driven Evaluation and the Integrated Evaluation Perspective, H. Chen, Stylus Publishing.
- Program Evaluation in Practice: Core Concepts and Examples for Discussion and Analysis, 2nd Edition, D. Spaulding, Wiley Publishing.
- Purposeful Program Theory: Effective Use of Theories of Change and Logic Models, S. Funnell & P. Rogers, Wiley Publishing.
- Utilization Focused Evaluation, M. Patton, Stylus Publishing.
Student Affairs Assessment
- Assessment Methods for Student Affairs, J. Schuh, Wiley Publishing.
- Assessment in Student Affairs, 2nd Edition, J. Schuh, et al., Wiley Publishing.
- Coordinating Student Affairs Divisional Assessment, E. Bentram, Stylus Publishing.
- Student Affairs Assessment: Theory to Practice, J. Biddix & D. Roberts, Stylus Publishing.
- Student Affairs by the Numbers: Quantitative Research and Statistics for Professionals, R. Siriam, Stylus Publishing.
- Indigenous Research Methodologies, B. Chilisa, Sage Publishing.
- Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches, J. Creswell
Quality Improvement &Planning
- Handbook of Institutional Research, R. Howard, et al., Wiley Publishing.
- Integrating Planning, Assessment, and Improvement in Higher Education, B. Sherlock, NACUBO.
- Managing and Measuring Performance in Public and Nonprofit Organizations: An Integrated Approach, 2nd Edition, T. Poister, et al., Wiley Publishing.
- Planning and Assessment in Higher Education: Demonstrating Institutional Effectiveness, M. Middaugh, Wiley Publishing.
- Using Quality Benchmarks for Assessing and Developing Undergraduate Programs, D. Dunn, et al., Wiley Publishing.