"University Assessment Services is responsible for conducting a variety of assessment activities related to student learning outcomes using qualitative and quantitative research techniques, providing support services to other units engaged in such assessment, and sharing best practices for and results of assessment activities."
(Revised: July 2007)
- Actively participate in the planning, implementation, analysis, summarization of results, and dissemination of findings for institution-wide assessment efforts.
- Work with other units to increase cooperation and coordination of assessment on campus.
- Develop and maintain assessment efforts, in consultation with various units, which result in appropriate data regarding student learning outcomes for the purpose of accreditation.
- Serve as partners on select assessment projects of college and university programs.
Advise faculty and staff on purpose, design, methodology, and use of assessment techniques to enhance student learning.
- Serve the campus by engaging in outreach activities, including:
a. Publish and distribute widely an assessment newsletter at least two times per year
b. Create and maintain an assessment website
c. Conduct workshops on assessment project development and implementation in cooperation with the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology [CTLT]
d. Present results of assessment research to appropriate campus constituencies
e. Manage an annual grant program for assessment projects as funds are available
- Maintain a level of expertise in higher education assessment through staff development activities.
a. Read current literature in the area of higher education assessment
b. Attend appropriate assessment conferences and skills workshops, as budget permits
c. Present and/or publish assessment-related research in regional or national conferences and publications